Two 1:30 hour exams
This course is designed for students who want to to learn skills for running a business, such as managing money, advertising and employing staff.
It is a three-year course that is broken down into two themes:
- Theme 1 Investigating small business
- Theme 2 Building a business
- Business Studies will allow students to gain a greater understanding of how organisations operate.
- Students will also develop their numeracy skills in Business Studies as they study investment, funding and how to use and interpret financial data.
- Business Studies also forces students to be organised and to plan ahead. Learning how to generate marketable ideas, access resources and develop business plans all require a great deal of organisation.
- Problem solving is a significant part of Business Studies. Students will become very good at coming up with elegant and logical solutions to problems which employers, of course, love.
- Presentation skills are really important so Business Studies will allow students to develop them which in turn improves their oral communication, diction and confidence.
- As you can see, Business Studies is a useful, practical and fascinating subject that many students will enjoy and benefit from.