Free School Meals
Are you in receipt of the following?
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Families in receipt of Child Tax Credit will also qualify provided that (a) they are NOT also entitled to Working Tax Credit and (b) their annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and customs, does not exceed £16,190 (as at 6 April 2009, subject to annual review)
If so, all you have to do is fill in the Free School Meals Application Form (below) and return it to Mrs Clarke, Student Support, Henry Beaufort School.
Hampshire County Council Catering Services has launched a new online service so parents can check their eligibility for free school meals themselves.
This self service option is available at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/caterers/hc3s-freeschoolmeals
There are a number of other benefits that come with claiming free school meals, such as:
- Financial support for school trips.
- Ensuring your child is supported financially so that they can take part in the Enrichment Week activity they really want to do.
- Helping your child by providing a personalised pathway that will support their learning.
- Family workshop opportunities including cooking, carpentry and sporting programmes
If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to contact the school.