Health and Fitness
Externally assessed Exam (40%)
Internally assessed project (60%)
Distinction*- PassGrades: L1P, L1M, L1D, L2P, L2M, L2D, L2D*
NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Health and Fitness
The NCFE Level 1/2 Technical award is equivalent to a GCSE. This qualification focuses on an applied study of the health and fitness sector and students will gain a broad understanding and knowledge of working in the sector
This qualification shows learners how to:
- Understand and identify the main body systems and their functions.
- Understand the Principles of Training and FITT
- Explore how physical activities effect the body in the short- and long-term
- Understand how relevant fitness tests can be used for specific health and skill components of fitness
- Understand different lifestyle analysis tools and how to apply them
- Create a health and fitness programme.
Written examination: 40%
1 hour 30 minutes
A mixture of multiple-choice, short answer and extended response questions.
Internally assessed Project: 60%
Internally assessed synoptic project based upon a specific brief. Students have 21 hours to complete this project